Carlow University has adopted the following policy in an attempt to create an environment that promotes and reinforces healthy, responsible living; the mission of the Carlow University; respect for community and campus standards and regulations; the responsibility of the individual within the wider community; and the intellectual, social, emotional, spiritual, ethical, and physical well-being of its community members.
- The unlawful manufacture, possession, sale, distribution, dispensation, or use of any controlled substance by any employee (regular or contract), student, visitor, or transient guest of Carlow University is expressly prohibited on university property or at any university sponsored event. Any individual found in violation of this prohibition will face sanctions consistent with federal, state, and local laws and any collective bargaining agreements or contracts that may limit penalties for particular offices.
- The manufacture, possession, sale, distribution, dispensation, or use of alcohol or other controlled substances by any Carlow student, guest, or other resident of Frances Warde and Dougherty Halls is expressly prohibited.
- A student who is under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances and who by her behavior is interfering with the rights of other students, or who is found to be in possession of alcoholic beverages in any form or of any other controlled substance in the residence hall shall be subject to immediate disciplinary action.
- Alcoholic beverages or any other controlled substance found in the room of dormitory
- residents shall be considered, evidence to the contrary not forthcoming, to belong to all occupants of the room and sanctions will be applied equally.
- Alcoholic beverages or any other controlled substance which are brought to the room by a visitor or guest shall, evidence to the contrary not forthcoming, be considered to belong to the occupant(s) of the room who are present at the time of the infraction and sanctions will be applied equally.
- If it is determined that alcoholic beverages have been brought into the residence hall by a visitor or guest, that individual will no longer be permitted access to the residence halls.
- An adult student who is determined to be providing alcohol or any other controlled substance to minor students shall be subject to immediate exclusion from the residence hall and/or dismissal from the university.