Improve student achievement with an MEd in Curriculum and
Carlow's MEd in Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) program
will prepare you for advanced positions in Education, whether
public, private, or with non-profit organizations. With an emphasis
on curriculum design, this program encourages students to purse
passions in one of five tracks: Online Teaching, Dyslexia, Autism, STEM, and
Early Childhood Leadership and Supervision. All five tracks are
offered as a Special Graduate Certificate. You can also follow the English as a Second Language track (not currently offered as a Special Graduate Certificate).
This program is designed not only for licensed educators but
also other professionals interested in Education. While some tracks
lead to teaching endorsements (for those already licensed in PA),
anyone with an interest in Education can take and complete this
We believe in the transformational power of education. At
Carlow, experienced faculty and veteran educators teach all
graduate classes. We celebrate diversity, champion social justice,
and work tirelessly to address issues of equity in education.
Whether you are a recent college graduate, mid-life career changer,
or a veteran educator, we invite you to join us!
*54.5% of the coursework for the ESL specialization is completed at the Allegheny Intermediate Unit, Homestead, PA
- Flexibility with night and online classes in an 8-week
- Complete your degree one year or two years
- Tailor your education to your life with one of four tracks:
Online Teaching, Autism, STEM, and Early Childhood Leadership and
- Students experience inquiry models of instruction, technology fluency training, interdisciplinary models, advanced exploration of cognition, motivation research, and studies of creativity in Education.
- Carlow University is a Satellite of CMU's CREATE Lab. All program participants will complete a course EDUC 728, Interdisciplinary Models, where technology fluency and emerging technologies will be highlighted. Students have access to innovative robotic technology and advanced professional development.
Ready to inspire your students and move your career forward? Apply
now or request more
Long-established partnerships in the Pittsburgh region mean special workshops and guest speakers are a hallmark of our program.
These partnerships include:
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
Fred Roger’s Institute
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
REAMKE Learning Network
Pittsburgh Public Schools
Propel Hazelwood Charter School
Blessed Be Educators
and many more