As a transfer student, we know you have a lot on your mind.

"Will my credits transfer?" "Will I have to retake intro courses?" "How many credits will count towards my major?"

We're here to help. As the Office of Admissions, our job is to make the transfer process as easy as possible. If you're considering transferring or are graduating with your associate degree and want to get your bachelor's, contact us early and we can give you an unofficial evaluation of the courses you're taking so you'll know whether or not they will transfer to Carlow University!

If you're a student at a Pennsylvania community college (such as CCAC) or a Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center (PA TRAC) participating school, you can see for yourself what courses are equivalent to Carlow courses through PA TRAC or by using the form at the bottom of this page. The Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center (PA TRAC) is intended as a "one-stop shop" for transfer information related to Pennsylvania's statewide transfer and articulation system and participating colleges and universities such as Carlow University.

Search for your school in the tool below to determine if your credit will transfer to Carlow:

Visit (PA TRAC) to create your student account and obtain comprehensive transfer information about transferring to or from participating Pennsylvania colleges and universities such as Carlow. Transfer tool above powered by If you are having trouble using the above transfer tool, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at 412.578.6059 or

We accept transfer credits granted by an institution which is recognized as an institution of higher education or which is accredited by a regional accrediting association recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, and will make every attempt to utilize the academic credits you've earned. Our credit acceptance decisions are based on course equivalencies, including expected learning outcomes, with those of University curriculum and standards. Prior to being admitted, you may consult with our knowledgeable transfer counseling staff to obtain an unofficial evaluation of how many of your credits earned will transfer to Carlow. Once you're admitted, you will then have an official transfer credit evaluation, which will be completed within three weeks of acceptance. 

Generally, credit will be given for courses in which the student has earned a “C” or better. If you transfer to Carlow, you still must meet the University’s residency requirement, which is a minimum of 32 credits successfully completed at Carlow University. These 32 credits are over and above any credit earned through the CLEP examination, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations and challenge procedures. Please note that the acceptance or denial of transfer credit is not determined exclusively on the basis of the accreditation of the sending institution or the mode of delivery, but, rather, will consider course equivalencies, including expected learning outcomes, with those of the receiving institution’s curricula and standards (Characteristics of Excellence, Standard 11, MSCHE [PDF]). More information can be obtained from your counselor. 

Graduate students, please see our graduate credit transfer information near the bottom of this page

Disclaimer: There are core, support, and major requirements to be met. Those will be discussed with your advisor after applying to the University.