Assisting your student in choosing a college can be an overwhelming decision. We want to make sure your student makes the right choice. Here are some tips that can help you help them.
FIRST THINGS FIRST. DOES CARLOW UNIVERSITY HAVE THE COURSES MY STUDENT WANTS?
Carlow offers more than 50 undergraduate programs, from mathematics with secondary education certification, to nursing and graduate programs; from a doctorate in psychology to an MBA in global business administration. Check out our academic programs.
CAN I AND MY FAMILY AFFORD IT?
95% of our students receive financial aid. Check out our cost calculator to get an initial impression of what it might cost to send your daughter or son to Carlow — you might be pleasantly surprised.
MY STUDENT IS AN ATHLETE; DOES CARLOW HAVE SPORTS TEAMS?
Yes! The University is committed to a broad program of intercollegiate athletics, sponsoring seven sports – Women's Basketball, Men's Basketball, Women's Cross Country, Men's Cross Country, Women's Soccer, Women's Softball, Women's Tennis, and Women's Volleyball (with Men's Soccer and Women's and Men's Golf beginning in Fall 2016).
WHAT CAN CARLOW OFFER MY STUDENT?
- A student to faculty ratio of 12:1
- A secluded 14-acre hillside campus in the heart of Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood
- We promote a culture of caring
- Undergraduate and graduate courses
- Pre-college workshops for high school young women in law, healthcare, and sciences
- Tuition assistance from merit- or need-based aid and scholarships
- A small Catholic university with a student body of 2,300 that embraces the following values:
- Sacredness of Creation
Have more questions? Check out our Common Concerns page or feel free to drop us a note!