The Step Ahead Program prepares you, as an academically qualified Carlow nursing major, to take a “step ahead” of your peers as you look toward your professional future that includes graduate education and advanced practice roles. If you qualify for this program, you will earn up to 10 master’s nursing credits by the completion of your BSN degree at Carlow University.
To qualify, you must:
- Apply for entry into the Step Ahead Program during the admissions process to Carlow University or at the end of the first semester of sophomore year in the nursing program.
- Have a high school GPA of 3.5, score 1100 on the SAT, or have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 by the end of the first semester of the sophomore year at Carlow.
- Need a maximum of one basic skill course at Carlow when admitted.
- Be willing and able to take 6-9 credits of core requirements outside of the regular, scheduled semesters of the nursing program (e.g. during a summer session).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.1 during the junior and senior years of the BSN program.