Western Pennsylvania's Only Pre-Professional Program Focusing on Legal Careers for Women
May 16-20, 2016
Pre-Law & Order: Summer Advocates Academy is open to all college women. By attending the program, you will receive instruction from Carlow faculty and members of the Pennsylvania Bar, as well as mentoring from recent alumnae and community leaders in fields of government, law, media, and politics.
Summer Advocates will:
- Network with successful women in law-related professions
- Receive coaching and mentoring from Carlow faculty, lawyers, and legal professionals
- Attend sessions taught by Carlow faculty and attorneys
- Visit courtrooms and law firms
- Read and brief cases
- Prepare the elements of a law school application
Special sessions to be held at downtown law firms, Allegheny County Bar Association, University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne University Schools of Law. Tuition includes four days of programming, continental breakfasts and lunches, transportation to off-campus sites, and a Summer Advocates Academy book bag and padfolio.
Qualified students may apply for partial need-based scholarships! Thanks to the generous support from The Women & Girls Foundation.
Residence hall stays are available for four nights at $25.00/night or $100.00 for all four nights (nonrefundable $50 application fee + $299 tuition [if accepted] = $349)
Cost: $349 total
How To Apply
- Complete the application form, submit your nonrefundable $50 application fee, and attach a 300-word essay stating why you want to study the law (APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 7, 2016).
- You will be notified of your acceptance into the workshop by May 13, 2016.
- If accepted, please complete your registration by paying the balance of $299 using the online payment form (nonrefundable $50 + $299 = $349 total). Scholarships are available, please fill out the application form and complete the scholarship section for consideration.
If you prefer to submit your materials and fees via U.S. mail, please mail to:
Marketing and Communications
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
ATTN: Laurie Petty