Nurse Theorists Portraits of Excellence Volumes I and II and Excellence in Action are online video databases exploring the work of prominent nurse theorists along with explanations as to how their theories may be applied to nursing practice.
1. Open a browser to the library's homepage and click on the Find Articles link.
2. You will see a list of library databases by subject area. Scroll down to the Nursing, Medicine and Allied Health subject area and select Nurse Theorists Vols I and II and Excellence in Action (Fitne) (if you are off-campus, click here).
3. You will now see a list of all the videos that are available.
Nurse Theorists: Portraits of Excellence (Volume I)
- Virginia Henderson: Definition of Nursing
- Dorothy Johnson: Behavioral Systems
- Imogene King: Interacting Systems Framework
- Madeleine Leininger: Transcultural Nursing Care
- Myra Levine: The Conservation Model
- Betty Neuman: Neuman Systems Model
- Margaret Newman: Health as Expanding Consciousness
- Florence Nightingale: Life and Work
- Dorothea Orem: Self-Care Framework
- Rosemarie Parse: Theory of Human Becoming
- Ida Orlando Pelletier: Nursing Process Discipline
- Hildegard Peplau: Interpersonal Relations in Nursing
- Martha Rogers: Science of Unitary Human Beings
- Sr. Callista Roy: Roy Adaptation Model
- Reva Rubin: Theory of Maternal Identity
- Jean Watson: A Theory of Human Caring
Nurse Theorists: Portraits of Excellence (Volume II)
- Patricia Benner: Novice to Expert
- Helen Erickson: Modeling and Role-Modeling
- Afaf Meleis: Transitions
- Merle Mishel: Uncertainty in Illness
- Nola Pender: Health Promotion
- Pamela Reed: Self-Transcendence
Nurse Theorists: Excellence in Action
- Adaptation Model in Practice
- From Beginner to Expert: Clinical Knowledge in Critical Care
- Self-Care Framework Model in Practice
4. Click on the name of the theorist or topic that you wish to watch.
5. On the left hand side of your screen you will now see a list of all of the videos that relate to that theorist or topic. Click on a video name to view it.
6. The video will now appear in the right hand section of your screen.
7. If you wish to go back and view a different video click on the Program List link at the top of any page and repeat steps 4 - 6.