Mayor Bill Peduto being interviewed by the press at the 2015 University Commons dedication at Carlow University
Carlow's Media Relations staff writes all news releases pertaining to Carlow University and distributes them to the news media through an online distribution service. We are able to distribute releases locally, statewide, or across the nation.
In addition, we:
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the media, keeping in contact on a daily basis.
- Pitch story ideas about Carlow University and its faculty, students, and staff.
- Help the media with its coverage of the University.
- Aid the media in finding campus experts to be quoted on issues in the news.
FOR NEWS MEDIA
If you are a member of the news media and need to speak with someone at Carlow University for official comment about campus activities or are looking for an expert from our faculty or staff to be a source on a story you are working on, please contact:
Director, Media Relations
FOR THE CARLOW COMMUNITY
If you are a member of the Carlow community and have news or are planning a major event that might need to have a news release developed and distributed please submit information via e-mail to Drew Wilson at email@example.com. Please include the name of the event, time, date, location, and a brief description of the event and a number to call for more information.
Examples of news items or story ideas can include (but is not limited to):
- Upcoming events.
- Announcements of new hires, awards or other recognition given to faculty, staff, or students.
- Announcements of new degrees or programs.
- Announcement of grants awarded to Carlow faculty or programs.
- Activities that members of the Carlow community are involved in off campus.
Please read, “What is a News Story?” if you still have questions about whether your information is newsworthy or not.