The Carlow University Police Department exists to provide quality Police and Security service to all people within the Carlow Community with respect, fairness, and compassion. We are committed to enhancement of the quality of life by providing a safe and secure environment; the enforcement of all laws and University regulations; the prevention and detection of crime, and the apprehension and prosecution of violators; to continually improve the professional operations of our department; to seek the support of the entire community; and to support the mission of the University.
At Carlow University, we are committed to helping to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. To that end, we have:
- 24-hour police force on campus.
- Card access system for campus buildings, including both dormitory buildings that is active 24 hours a day.
- Eleven emergency phones throughout campus.
- Nine AEDs in several locations on campus (Please consult campus map for exact locations).
- 24-7 manned police dispatch station located at the main entrance to the residence halls.
- Campus Police department located within the residence hall.
- A comprehensive public surveillance security system with over 75 video surveillance cameras located inside and outside campus buildings.
- Several comprehensive methods of emergency communication, including e2Campus emergency notifications, as well as crime alert updates via Carlow University’s website and flyers posted on campus to make students aware of any incidents on campus or in the surrounding neighborhood. These alerts include tips for crime prevention.
- Crisis Response Team to provide additional assistance to the police department in an event of an emergency.
- In accordance with national law and national reporting standards, the Carlow University Police Department maintains logs of all incidents on campus throughout the year and also posts crime statistics on this website. You are welcome to visit our Police department! We're located on the 3rd Floor of Frances Warde Hall (near the main entrance).