Teacher - PK - Grade 4 World Cultures
The Campus School of Carlow University
The Campus School of Carlow University invites applications for
a World Cultures teacher for students in PK through grade 4. World
Cultures is an interdisciplinary course with curriculum gleaned
from the study of languages, art, cultural studies, anthropology,
and geography. This position requires a K-6 teaching
certificate. The ideal candidate would be student-centered
with the ability to create and implement innovative instructional
strategies. Experience "Responsive Classroom" are a definite
Responsibilities and Scope of Functions:
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities with great
- Create positive educational climate for students.
- Engage parents proactively and positively.
- Collaborate positively with colleagues.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the
- Maintain electronic grade book.
- Provide formative individual feedback.
- Incorporate project based learning in the classroom.
- Stay current with research in the field of education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational,
cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being
- Provide differentiated instruction as needed.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Develop a classroom environment that facilitates learning.
- Demonstrates commitment to the highest integrity and to the
values complementary to the mission on The Campus School, Carlow
University, and the Sisters of Mercy.
The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties as assigned.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon school
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education
- Applicants are preferred to hold a Master's degree
- PA Teaching Certification Required
- Diocesan Clearance protocol to include Act33/34 and FBI
Fingerprint Clearances Required
- Experience incorporating current technology into lessons on a
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Send cover letter and resume to HR2@carlow.edu.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our