Department: Business Office
The Procurement Specialist is a member of the Finance team and
is responsible for executing the University's sourcing strategy in
the acquisition of goods and services. In accordance with Federal,
State and University policies and procedures, procures a wide
variety of commodities and services, develops and reviews
specifications, assists in the preparation and execution informal
and formal bid solicitations, maintains good supplier relations,
resolves discrepancies and provides analytical reports.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and an
approach that is characterized by highly ethical practices and a
commitment to diversity, transparency, integrity, and customer
service. Must have the ability to work with a high degree of
independence and as part of a multi-functional finance team.
- Assure timely and accurate processing of procurement requests,
develop and/or review specifications, prepare and execute informal
and formal bid solicitations, conduct bid openings, resolve
- Finalize agreements in collaboration with the customer and
appropriate university departments.
- Responsible for understanding client issues and concerns and
finding ways to satisfy those needs and concerns while driving high
levels of compliance to policies and to contracts.
- Maintain good supplier relations, identifying and resolving key
supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction. Work
collaboratively with suppliers and internal customers to identify
and execute continuous cost and performance improvement
- Using best practice professional communication skills, prepare
materials for and clearly and effectively communicate standard
operating procedures and other information to internal and external
audiences, customer groups, and management.
- Track and analyze various data, including but not limited to
key performance metrics and prepare routine management
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as
assigned by the University Controller.
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of 5 years of
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and
communicate ideas to leadership
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our