Writing Consultant PT - 9-month position,
20 hours per week mid-Aug through mid-May. Includes two evenings
and one weekend day.
Degrees: Master's degree in English or related
Experience: Tutoring experience with
individuals and small groups, including with students who are
English language learners.
Must have proof of experience with ESL students in
Additional Experience and Areas of
- Tutor writing/research in various disciplines, including
business, nursing and science, to traditional and adult
undergraduate and graduate students.
- Well-versed in both APA and MLA documentation.
- Experience working with ESL students.
Must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to speak to groups of varying sizes.
- A commitment to academic excellence.
- A thorough understanding of his/her discipline (writing and
- A commitment to student success and a familiarity with the
issues and strategies to accomplish this goal.
- Ability to view and critique student writing in a way that
- Sensitivity to students with diverse backgrounds and learning
- Ability to establish rapport and a positive learning
environment with traditional and adult students and with faculty
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and professional
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
- Thorough understanding of the functions and operations of an
- Tutor a diverse student population in writing and research
across the disciplines.
- Conduct writing workshops.
- Participate in campus events as needed.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our