Carlow University, a private, Catholic, liberal arts,
comprehensive University in Pittsburgh, PA. Carlow University was
founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, an international community
of Roman Catholic women with a mission to serve the poor, the sick,
and the uneducated. Carlow, an institution grounded in the liberal
arts while also offering strong professional programs, is committed
to engaging its diverse community in a process of life-long
learning, scholarship, research, and service. Degrees are offered
at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels. Carlow is
recognized as a College of Distinction, a Catholic College of
Distinction, and a Pennsylvania College of Distinction for 2016-17.
Carlow has also been selected by Abound as a provider of Top
Degrees for Adult Undergraduates for 2017 and is regionally ranked
by US News & World Report. The University was recently named
one of Money Magazine's "Best Colleges for Your Money."
Carlow University invites applications for the position of the
Asst. Director of Admissions for the Greensburg Education Center.
This position reports to the Director of Adult/Graduate Admissions
and Regional Education Centers ultimately to the Vice President of
Enrollment Management and Marketing. The Assistant Director is
responsible for daily operations at the Greensburg Education
Center, along with the recruitment for specified Graduate and/or
Undergraduate Programs. Primary responsibilities include creation
and implementation of recruitment plans designed to meet enrollment
goals, must be able to independently facilitate recruitment,
admission, registration, student services, and enrollment processes
for the designated populations, with minimal onsite
- This position requires a high level of initiative, project and
time management, leadership, vision, and perspective.
- Individual is responsible for site management in the absence of
- The incumbent must be able to effectively manage his/her time,
establish priorities, and overcome obstacles creatively.
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential situations
diplomatically; create and identify opportunities; and express
him/herself effectively via both written and verbal communication
- The incumbent must be able to work collaboratively with the
Enrollment Management Team. Individual must have the ability
to effectively interact with external constituents as well as
University Faculty and Staff.
- S/he must possess the ability to anticipate the changing needs
of the site and put systems and procedures in place to meet those
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as hours will flux
based on semester class schedules, and the overall needs of the
- This position also assists with management of the Greensburg
Education Center budget, and other clerical based work.
- Serve as a liaison for student support offices at the main
campus in Pittsburgh.
- Will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
Extent of Decision Making:
Individual must be able to make decisions independently in a
fast paced environment. In addition, he/she needs to be able to
determine ways to manage all recruitment, event, and special
project initiatives and office procedures supporting them. Ability
to problem solve, and determine the best course of action is
essential. Prioritizes personal workload, and assists
supervisor with assigned tasks. This position operates within
policies, procedures, and guideline of the University.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this
- Bachelor's degree with at least three years of admissions
- Proven sales experience in a goal-oriented operation
- Excellent leadership, customer service, phone, written and
organizational skills are needed.
- Must be able to work independently a fast paced environment.
- Computer skills are necessary. Knowledge or the ability and
willingness to learn Microsoft Office and CRM usage
- Must have the ability to transport self and work related
materials in a timely manner from location to location.
- Demonstrates commitment to the highest integrity and to the
values complementary to the mission of Carlow University.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity,
treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the
University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment,
maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional
Send resume to HR17@carlow.edu
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our