Carlow University, a private, Catholic, liberal arts,
comprehensive University in Pittsburgh, PA. Carlow University was
founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, an international community
of Roman Catholic women with a mission to serve the poor, the sick,
and the uneducated. Carlow, an institution grounded in the liberal
arts while also offering strong professional programs, is committed
to engaging its diverse community in a process of life-long
learning, scholarship, research, and service. Degrees are offered
at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels. Carlow is
recognized as a College of Distinction, a Catholic College of
Distinction, and a Pennsylvania College of Distinction for 2016-17.
Carlow has also been selected by Abound as a provider of Top
Degrees for Adult Undergraduates for 2017 and is regionally ranked
by US News & World Report. The University
was recently named one of Money Magazine's "Best
Colleges for Your Money."
- Overall responsibility for working with the Vice President and
staff in Student Affairs to assure that the campus learning
environment is conducive to student achievement, retention and
- Management and coordination of all aspects of the conduct system
including chairing of Conduct Committees.
- Advises Student Government President. Responsible for
supervision of Assistant Director of Campus Life, and overall
program management of co-curricular programs serving residential,
commuter, graduate and distance learners.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering New
Student Orientation and Celtic Leadership Institute.
- Chairs Threat Assessment and Care Teams and works closely with
staff in following-up on concerns related to students and campus
- Liaison with Academic Affairs, Campus Police, Dining Services,
Facilities, Parking, Mercy Center.
- Chief Title IX investigator.
- Provides leadership for the division in the absence of the
- Maintains involvement in professional organizations and assures
best practices for the division.
- Participates in on-call rotation for the division.
Master's Degree required in Higher Education, Student Affairs or
a related field and five to seven years' experience working in
residence life, student activities, or diversity programming at the
higher educational level.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Send cover letter and resume to HR22@carlow.edu or to Carlow
University, 3333 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
employer by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the
recruitment of underrepresented groups.