Carlow University, a private, Catholic, liberal arts,
comprehensive University in Pittsburgh, PA. Carlow University was
founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, an international community
of Roman Catholic women with a mission to serve the poor, the sick,
and the uneducated. Carlow, an institution grounded in the liberal
arts while also offering strong professional programs, is committed
to engaging its diverse community in a process of life-long
learning, scholarship, research, and service. Degrees are offered
at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels. Carlow is
recognized as a College of Distinction, a Catholic College of
Distinction, and a Pennsylvania College of Distinction for 2016-17.
Carlow has also been selected by Abound as a provider of Top
Degrees for Adult Undergraduates for 2017 and is regionally ranked
by US News & World Report. The University was recently named
one of Money Magazine's "Best Colleges for Your Money."
The Financial Aid Office at Carlow University is seeking an
Undergraduate Financial Aid Counselor. This is a full-time
exempt position. We are looking for a professional
administrator with prior experience in a Financial Aid Office.
Successful candidate must have exceptional prioritization and
organization skills, the highest regard for customer service and
satisfaction, strong oral and written communication skills, the
ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced, busy
- This position requires the candidate to package financial aid
for undergraduate students, including all first-time students, both
traditional and adult.
- Must perform verification using federal tax returns and
verification worksheets and know how to resolve
- Must process private alternative loans.
- Must be able to counsel and guide students and families as
needed regarding the application process, eligibility requirements,
and funding their education.
- This position requires public speaking and the ability to make
financial aid presentations at Admissions Office recruiting
functions on an as-needed basis.
- Candidate must be able to: exercise professional judgments
within federal guidelines, work collaboratively with other student service
departments on campus, and demonstrate and reflect an understanding
of and commitment to the mission and core values of the University
and the Sisters of Mercy.
- The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
the job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental
- Bachelor's Degree with one to three years Financial Aid
- Preference to individuals familiar with Datatel Colleague
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Familiarity with NSLDS and other federal and state websites
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to
Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone
and in writing
- The proven ability to work in compliance with institutional,
federal and state regulations
- The proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to
handle sensitive matters with discretion, diplomacy and good
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Send cover letter and resume to HR14@carlow.edu.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
employer by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the
recruitment of underrepresented groups.