|Carlow University invites applications for the position of Groundskeeper I (full-time) to perform grounds keeping duties required for maintaining the exterior areas of the campus. Requires thoroughness and attention to detail. Operates within the policies, procedures and the University's mission. Demonstrates and reflects an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of Mercy. This position is at the Oakland Campus.
Applicant must complete a criminal background check, physical exam and drug test.
- Maintains exterior areas clear of trash, debris and leaves.
- Cuts grass, removes weeds and waters planting.
- Plants bushes, flowers, trees, etc.
- Prunes bushes and trees.
- Prepares flowerbeds and applies ground mulch.
- Repairs and replaces fencing and railing.
- Removes, repairs and replaces concrete.
- Performs maintenance functions on outdoor utilities.
- Assists outside contractors.
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Removes snow and ice from roadways, walks and stairs.
- Repairs and maintains all equipment and machinery used for outdoor maintenance.
- Detects and reports defective material, operating difficulties and other unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Understands and follows all prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Performs a variety of duties involving groundskeeping, woodworking, painting, cement work, bricklaying and other general mechanical skills.
- Qualifications include High school graduate or GED; knowledge of EPA regulations for chemicals and materials used in grounds keeping operation.
- Previous institutional groundskeeping experience is desirable.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person is essential.
- Must be able to walk or stand 95% of the time. Capable of lifting a minimum of 80 pounds.
Send resume to HR12@carlow.edu or to Carlow University (Attn. Human Resources), 3333 Fifth Avenue - Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our University community.