The University Registrar is a senior
management and key leadership position within Carlow University.
Reporting directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic
Affairs, the Registrar plays a critical role in the development and
implementation of policies affecting enrollment and retention. This
position participates directly in academic and management
decision-making of academic standards, management of student
records, program planning, and policy assessment. The Registrar
oversees the administration of academic policies and procedures,
provides counsel to students, faculty, and the general public
concerning the Carlow University academic programs, and
participates in university governance through key committee work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and supervision of the Office of the
University Registrar for its daily operations and strategic
- Develop and publish operational policies, procedures, and
process flows for efficient acquisition and management of student,
faculty, and staff data and records; conduct ongoing system audits
to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure faculty and staff understand and follow academic policies
- Organize and coordinate activities and personnel in the
registrar's office, and integrate registrar functions with the
operation of the Student HUB.
- Prepare and control the departmental budget.
- Research, analyze, and resolve student requests and questions as
they relate to grades, transcripts, and other records.
- Coordinate course scheduling and registration
- In coordination with student services, admissions, deans, and
controller, ensure all students are properly registered in the
student information system for each term of study.
- Ensure all course withdrawals, leaves of absence, withdrawals
from school, and other related events are properly documented in
the student information system.
- Maintain and publish course curricula as appropriate and ensure
course rosters, sessions, descriptions, hours, and related elements
are updated in the student information system.
- Collect, record, maintain, and report on student academic data
and records including, but not limited to, grades, registration
data, transcripts, diplomas, enrollment verification, and other
documents in compliance with regulatory, governmental,
accreditation, and similar agencies.
- Manage the processes associated with academic standing in
conjunction with the college deans.
- Ensure timely and efficient recording of student grades in the
student information system; troubleshoot and resolve grading issues
with faculty members on Web Advisor; reconcile missing, incomplete,
and in process grades.
- Provide oversight of transfer equivalencies and PA TRAC
- Maintain and refine records management system for efficient and
secure management of student, faculty, staff, and other
institutional data and records.
- Work collaboratively with other areas involved in student
services such as the financial aid and bursar's offices to ensure
accuracy of student records. Oversee accurate, complete, and timely
data transfer for fiscal and financial aid reporting.
- Utilize existing or develop new systems to support efficient
storage and retrieval of information in keeping with industry best
practices and established policies and procedures of the
- Define and publish procedures for students to obtain transcripts
and other information of record.
Graduation and Commencement Activities
- Oversee the coordination, evaluation, and certification of all
petitions for graduation including but not limited to grade
reviews, degree audits, assignment of graduation dates, and
production and distribution of diplomas.
- Work closely with Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and
Planning on data analysis and accreditation requirements.
- Prepare statistical reports regarding student profile, academic
performance, graduation/attrition rates, and other metrics as
needed for planning and development of institution and/or reporting
to regulatory, governmental, and other similar agencies.
- Provide strategic leadership and develop appropriate
recommendations for the implementation of related technology
applications in support of enhanced services offered through the
Office of the University Registrar.
- Perform duties associated with veterans' benefits and certifying
functions; ensure compliance with DoD Memorandum of
- Develop, maintain, and publish the student handbook and
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT, and
counselors to facilitate and improve services to students,
including student handbook, catalog, and registration/records
- Provide outstanding service to students, faculty, staff and
administration by providing accurate and detailed responses to
inquiries based on established procedures and best practices.
Communicate, as necessary, changes in registration process through
Schoology, Outlook, and/or other university communication
- Provide training to support staff, faculty, and others on
requirements for requests for student information as it relates to
- Create the official academic calendar each year.
- Collaborate with academic departments to update program
- Provide leadership/service on university committees.
- Represent Carlow University through professional organizations
and partnership affiliations.
- This list of primary duties is a representative summary of the
major duties and responsibilities of the University Registrar. The
Registrar's duties and responsibilities may vary based upon
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a master's degree or
equivalent combination of education and experience with 5 or more
years of increasing responsibilities in registrar or related
- Bring to the office a creative and technologically advanced
approach to all registrar functions.
- Exhibit skills and attitudes that reflect effective customer
service, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Have demonstrated the ability to lead project teams in a complex
environment that involves technology personnel and end-users.
- Have significant experience in database management, web-based
registration, and report analysis. Carlow University uses the
Ellucian/Colleague system, Schoology LMS,
and TargetX/SalesForces CRM.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills to work productively and
harmoniously with faculty, staff, students, and external
- Have a commitment to Carlow University's Mercy mission and core
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Send cover letter and resume to HR5@carlow.edu
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our