Carlow University invites applications for the position of Gift
Entry and Donor Records Specialist (Part-Time). This individual
manage daily deposits to the Business Office for the Office of
University Advancement, including processing daily batches of
contributions and event registration fees in the University's
Raiser's Edge database, the production of gift receipts and
individualized acknowledgement letters in accordance with the
departments' 48-hour turnaround policy, and management of donor
electronic and paper filing. Assist with maintaining data
integrity, adding new data to the database, conducting data
analysis and reporting.
- Collect daily donations and event registrations received by
Advancement, the Business Office, the Campus School and other
University departments. Manage a daily log of gifts, payments,
pledges, pledge payments and other contributions to the
- Sort and process daily gift batches of donations and payments
into the University Advancement's Raiser's Edge database. Analyze
gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals and
solicitor for each gift to be processed. Prepare a daily gift
deposit to the Business Office.
- Produce daily gift receipts and individualized acknowledgement
letters in accordance with University Advancement's 48-hour
turn-around acknowledgement policy.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of a hardcopy
and electronic filing system for all gift entry related backup,
including copies of contributions, gift backup, acknowledgement
letters, batch posting reports and/or other gift entry control
- Manage the monthly pledge reminder process, and coordinate
follow-up for past-due pledges via the prospect's assigned gift
- Produce various reports pertaining to the gift-entry process.
Collaborate with the Business Office to manage and perform gift
adjustments as needed. Reconcile contributions monthly with the
- Maintain a gift-entry manual, and maintain documentation for all
gift-entry related procedures.
- Generate reports for Alumni Engagement events and activities,
including tracking event attendance and sponsorships, preparing
registration lists, preparing name tags, etc.
- Assist the Director of Advancement Data Services in maintaining
the integrity of biographical and other prospect information in the
University Advancement database. Add new constituent records to the
database as needed. Analyze information and populate appropriate
data fields where information is available.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail for the Advancement
- Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to
the mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of
- Associate Degree or 2-3 years of database experience in a
professional office setting is required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in a higher education environment is preferred.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity,
treat other with dignity and respect, carefully steward the
University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment,
maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and processional
Send cover letter and resume to HR25@carlow.edu
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our