Carlow University invites applications for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant (approx 25 hrs/week) beginning Summer 2017 . This position
provides administrative support for faculty and staff in the
College of Health and Wellness, with responsibility for a wide
variety of complex process. These are completed under the
direction of either an executive administrative assistant or by the
unit program director. The nature of the work includes assisting
multiple units with University processes and procedures. This
includes but is not limited to managing activities, maintaining
unit accounting requirements and working with a wide range of
faculty, staff and students.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to a unit or
group of professionals.
- Determine ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of
office procedures and processes.
- Screen and direct inbound inquiries and calls, respond to
moderately complex questions, provide information, direct callers
as appropriate and analyze problems and resolve issues as
necessary, greet visitors and attend to their needs.
- Communicate across units, within all levels of internal and
- Assess the degree of confidentiality of all information received
or requested and respond accordingly.
- Plan and coordinate meetings and events, communicate with other
units such as, facilities, food services, etc., ensuring that all
resources are in place for events/meetings
- Back-up administrative assistants assigned to other units as
needed and serve as a minute taker for CHW meetings as
- Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to
the mission, vision and core values of Carlow University and the
Sisters of Mercy.
- Education and Experience: An associate degree and/or three
to five years of administrative support.
- Experience in a higher education environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite and Adobe
professional and willingness to learn other applications for office
use as needed.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with
integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward
the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or
commitment, maintain confidentiality, and comply with legal and
Send resume to HR20@carlow.edu. Only completed application
packets will be advanced in consideration. Review will begin
immediately and continue until an appointment is
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our