Carlow University invites applications for the position of
Groundskeeper 1 Full-time to perform grounds keeping duties
required for maintaining the exterior areas of the campus. Requires
thoroughness and attention to detail. Operates within the
policies, procedures and the University's mission.
Demonstrates and reflects an understanding of and commitment to the
mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of
Mercy. This position is at the Oakland Campus.
- Maintains exterior areas clear of trash, debris and
- Cuts grass, removes weeds and waters planting.
- Plants bushes, flowers, trees, etc.
- Prunes bushes and trees.
- Prepares flowerbeds and applies ground mulch.
- Repairs and replaces fencing and railing.
- Removes, repairs and replaces concrete.
- Performs maintenance functions on outdoor utilities.
- Assists outside contractors.
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Removes snow and ice from roadways, walks and stairs.
- Repairs and maintains all equipment and machinery used for
- Detects and reports defective material, operating difficulties
and other unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Understands and follows all prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Performs a variety of duties involving groundskeeping,
woodworking, painting, cement work, bricklaying and other general
Qualifications include High school graduate or GED; knowledge of
EPA regulations for chemicals and materials used in grounds keeping
operation. Previous institutional groundskeeping experience
is desirable. Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver's
license. The ability to communicate effectively in person is
essential. Must be able to walk or stand 95% of the
time. Capable of lifting a minimum of 80
Applicant must complete a criminal background check, physical
exam and drug test.
Send resume to HR12@carlow.edu or to Carlow University, 3333
Fifth Avenue - Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our