Carlow University invites applications for the position of Student Records Assistant in the Registrar’s Office. The Student Records Assistant functions as a database manager, maintaining the integrity, accuracy, and utility of academic records related to registration, enrollment, and student records. Also, the Student Records Assistant will serve as a concierge for inquiries, providing accurate information for students, faculty, and staff and directing them to appropriate individuals and departments as needed. It is the responsibility of this position to modify, update, and interpret student information in several databases. Strong knowledge in computer tasks, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, and database management is necessary. The Student Records Assistant also serves as support staff for the University Registrar and Associate Registrar/Transfer Coordinator.
- Primary function is to assist the university community with
registration and records processes, including WebAdvisor
registration assistance, answering questions related to course
content and enrollment, add/drop of student schedule in Colleague
(SIS) and helping students, faculty and staff understand university
policies and course information found in university catalogs.
- Assists with building the university course schedule and the
creation of new programs and course related information in
- Greets, screens, and directs students, faculty, and staff to
appropriate individuals and departments.
- Maintains the Registrar's Office social media sites and
- Assists with Assessment & Registration Day, Orientation and
other university sponsored events.
- Assists the Associate Registrar/Transfer Coordinator with
transfer credit evaluations and graduation processing.
- Works directly with Registrar Office staff to troubleshoot
and/or create enhancements within existing student information
- Processes transcripts and degree verification, as well as
student information changes, being able to perform these duties
during high volume periods.
- Assists with Veterans Administration Certifying Official
- Process guest student forms and PCHE cross registrations.
- Maintains the integrity, accuracy, and utility of academic
records using Colleague; specifically, performs duties of
registration, new student creation, and correcting, changing, or
modifying information contained in various databases in accordance
with university policies and/or accrediting agencies.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all records and conversations
per FERPA guidelines.
- Provides effective customer service by having a thorough
understanding of applicable academic regulations, laws, policies
and procedures related to Registrar Office functions.
- Capability to work under pressure and in potentially stressful
situations is needed.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed reading,
developing working contacts with colleagues, and attending training
and/or courses as required by the Registrar.
- Manages a high volume of incoming phone calls, conveying
accurate information and routing inquiries.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates and reflects an understanding of and commitment to
the mission and core values of the University and the Sisters of
The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties as assigned.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon
- Bachelor's Degree. Experience in education, higher
education, or a closely related field highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, including attention to detail and
high level of accuracy in work produced.
- Requires excellent organizational skills to enter data and
update student files within established time standards.
- Good writing and oral communications skills, as well as the
ability to present data in a clear and concise manner.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and in potentially stressful
situations while being sensitive to confidentiality (of both
individuals and records) is required.
- Experience in Customer Service related jobs and in dealing with
high volume of phone calls and direct customer contact.
- Demonstrates capacity to understand and follow detailed oral
and written instructions.
- Competence in learning assigned tasks readily while adhering to
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest
standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity,
treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the
University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment,
maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional
Send resume to HR15@carlow.edu or to Carlow University, 3333 Fifth Avenue - Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting
and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our