Annual awards are rewarded to undergraduates who have demonstrated excellence in creative writing, named in honor of Madwomen in the Attic's influential people
Carlow University's 2017 Undergraduate Creative Writing Awards is accepting entries through Wednesday, March 15. Awardees receive $100 cash prize and publication in The Critical Point, Carlow's Undergraduate Literary & Arts Journal. Sponsored by Carlow University's English Department and the Madwomen in the Attic, these annual awards are rewarded to undergraduates who have demonstrated excellence in creative writing. Named in honor of Madwomen in the Attic's influential people, three awards will be given:
- Ellie Wymard Award in Creative Nonfiction, named in honor of Madwomen's founder.
- Jane Candia Coleman Award in Fiction, named in honor of Madwomen's first Director.
- Marilyn P. Donnelly Award in Poetry, named in honor of Madwomen's founding member.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Up to 10 pages, double-spaced of creative nonfiction or fiction (may be an excerpt from a longer piece - please note if this is the case)
- Up to 3 pages of poetry, each poem being no more than 75 lines.
- Your name, email, phone number, and genre of submission must appear in the upper right-hand corner of every submission page.
Entries are due Wednesday, March 15 in Sarah Williams-Devereux's mailbox (Humanities Office, 208 Aquinas Hall). Winners will be announced Thursday, March 23. For more information, please contact Jan Beatty at email@example.com